i finally saw midnight in paris yesterday evening.
and i was really quite impressed.
loved it, in fact.
but the setting of the movie did make me miss my recent jaunt to the city of love, and i realized that i still have so many photos to share with you from that little trip!
day two in paris: notre dame, musee d'orsay (& incredible impressionist works... better than the louvre!), strolls around the city, and a trip up the eiffel tower with some newfound colombian friends.
what we learned from our experiences on our second day in paris:
1. always load a book onto your ipod when you take the train into the city. and bring a fan.
2. reserve a ticket for the eiffel tower online, to avoid the hour-and-a-half line. but don't expect the elevator to the top level to be working, even after the hour-and-a-half line.
3. van gogh and monet are much cooler in real life.
4. parisian grocery stores are multi-leveled and reside in malls. and birds fly around in them.
5. parisian grocery store workers do not understand the french word for gluten.
6. don't visit parisian museums in the summer time.
7. notre dame is a really beautiful cathedral, even after you've already visited 923840 others.
8. paris is beautiful.
post script: ten high fives to whomever can name the bit of painting (illicitly) featured in the last photo...